This website uses cookies to monitor traffic and check for abuse. Learn more | Close
X
Get Daily Bargains in Your Inbox

Ways to Follow

Get daily bargain list

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon

Search Site

Keywords

Book or Name

Search Features

Recent Newsletters

24/06/2019
19/06/2019
18/06/2019

Archive

2nd book in Series Launch

Rachel W on 19.11.2017 09:35

Hi Everyone - I'm new here and hoping this is the right place to post this. I am about to launch the second book in my series and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to pitch it? My main concern is that new readers see the promotion and read the new book first which has massive spoilers for the first book. Do I do all the promotion for the new book (book 2)and hope that when people are interested, they look for the first book, or should I just promote the first book again so that they find the second book when they finish it?

Rosen Trevithick on 19.11.2017 12:49
Rosen Trevithick

I'd put a line at the beginning of the blurb explaining that it's part of a series that needs to be read in order, to catch anyone who sees the second book first.

In terms of BookHippo.uk, I'd promote book 1 first then book 2 a few days later.

Many people like to discount book 1 when they launch book 2.

Also, can you publish a new version of book 1 with the blurb for book 2 in the back?

Rachel W on 19.11.2017 15:47

HI, Thanks the line at the beginning is a good idea, like a spoiler alert. I have already put some material from book 2 (prologue and first Chapter) at the end of Book 1 but I'm thinking of making some more severe changes to it as I've realised it could be better (quite a few reviewers have mentioned there are too many flashbacks, so I'm going to take some out). People will only go on to read book 2 if they liked book one so I have to make it the best it can be I guess. Thanks for these suggestions - I might do a heavily discounted promotion on Book 1 at the same time I launch Book 2 so each promotion feeds the other.

You must log in to reply