This website uses cookies to monitor traffic and check for abuse. Learn more | Close
X
Get Daily Bargains in Your Inbox

Ways to Follow

Get daily bargain list

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon

Search Site

Keywords

Book or Name

Search Features

Recent Newsletters

24/06/2019
19/06/2019
18/06/2019

Archive

Hide in Time - Part Mystery, Part Historical, Part Romance

Hide in TimeThis thread relates to the book
Hide in Time
by Anna Faversham

Anna Faversham on 05.08.2015 18:15
Anna Faversham

The inspiration for Hide in Time came in the form of a phrase "Past and Future" which first hit me in St Paul's Cathedral, London. The clock struck midnight at the start of a new year and, encouraged to reflect on the past and plan for the future, I did just that. Hide in Time was conceived. It was a very long gestation period - longer even than a hippo but eventually HiT was born in November 2012.

The book opens briefly in 1814 when Laura Yager storms off (in the ladylike fashion of the day) and decides to start a new life in America. Her journey, in terms of distance, isn't far: in terms of years, she travels a very long way: in terms of understanding, she is, like many of us, in danger of repeating the same old mistakes of the past.

There are two heroines, so if you don't like one, you may like the other. There are also two heroes. I'd be very pleased if you tell me the characters you like best.

For those of you who know the county of Kent, England, you may recognize some of the places from their description if not from their names. Torwell Bridge, for instance, is really Tunbridge Wells. And do be careful if you find the entrance to the caves, they really do exist and so does the rock-fall. Only venture along the tunnels if you also want to get lost in Time.

Some have said Hide in Time is a real page-turner and they can't wait to find out what happens. But if you like to read slowly and take time to ponder, then I shall have achieved more than I ever dreamed possible.

One of my favourite review comments:-

“When a book allows me to become one of the characters....aahhhh, perfection!”

Louisa (on her Goodreads 5* “It was amazing” review)

Last edited: 05.08.2015 18:19

Rosen Trevithick on 06.08.2015 00:12
Rosen Trevithick

'There are two heroines, so if you don't like one, you may like the other.' - Hee hee. That's a writing tip that I may well have to 'borrow'.

Thank you for further insight into Hide in Time. It's a favourite among BookHippo.uk followers.

You must log in to reply