BookHippo.uk's Self-Publishing Resource is a central repository of information about the process of self-publishing and promoting books. It is designed to be a knowledge base written and kept up to date by book lovers.
This is not a place to promote your latest book. BookHippo.uk provides a variety of tools for you to promote your books and drabbles.
This is also not a Wikipedia clone. Wikipedia contains a wealth of knowledge about self-publishing, but it is not geared toward authors. Our wiki is intended to provide focused information, streamlined or expanded as necessary.
If you provide meaningful contributions to this wiki, your BookHippo.uk profile will be visible at the bottom of pages you helped to write. We welcome edits, no matter how small. However, if you make a small edit, please respect the authors who work the hardest and check the box 'This is a minor edit' so that you do not get listed as a major contributor.
- Write with authors in mind
- Write in the third person, in a neutral style, like you might find in a textbook
- Correct any factual inaccuracies / out of date information in existing articles
- Cite your sources
- Use MediaWiki markup for formatting (see Help:Formatting)
- Use British spellings and quote any prices in GBP
- Check 'This is a minor edit' for small corrections
Please do not
- Add pages for specific authors / books - BookHippo.uk has that covered
- Mention yourself, your book, your friend's book or anything else that may be considered advertising
- Publish copyrighted material without permission (quotes must be referenced)
Representatives of self-publishing services
You may add your details to our List of freelance editors but please do not list your details elsewhere on our site. You may find it beneficial to upload a profile picture and make meaningful contributions to the wiki, as this will put your image in front of authors browsing pages you've worked on.
You may add your details to our List of cover designers but please do not list your details elsewhere on our site.
You may add your details to our List of illustrators but please do not list your details elsewhere on our site.
Book promotion services
You may add your service's name, url and up to 144 characters of descriptive text to our Detailed list of eBook promotion services. If you have over 10,000 followers and a daily click rate of 5% or above, you may add/maintain a separate page for your service but please keep content impartial and informative.
If you ignore our guidelines, you may be banned from BookHippo.uk.