This website uses cookies to monitor traffic and check for abuse. Learn more | Close
X
Get Daily Bargains in Your Inbox

Ways to Follow

Get daily bargain list

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon

Search Site

Keywords

Book or Name

Search Features

Recent Newsletters

24/06/2019
19/06/2019
18/06/2019

Archive

Neo Noir - Gritty New York Crime Fiction

Bourbon & BloodThis thread relates to the book
Bourbon & Blood
by Garrard Hayes

garrardhayes on 18.11.2015 18:12

A lonely city with dark hidden places. Bill's pretty sure the waitress he just met, Dana, is the one, but when his cousin arranges a job interview Bill's life spirals out of control in NYC's crime underworld. Timely, plausible and shockingly vivid. An under-appreciated United States Military hero is forced into a job interview with a New York crime boss. While Bill Conlin survived the risks and rigors of serving in Afghanistan, can he find his way out of New York City’s dark crime underworld with his life and dignity intact?

Bourbon and Blood

While the nation pays proud tribute to its brothers and sisters in arms, many returning from tours of duty in the Middle East endure great struggle and hardship when returning to ‘normal’ life. In this visceral and terrifying new novel, one war hero’s life is turned upside down in ways he could never have imagined.

‘Bourbon & Blood’ proves that, while it may appear to be a million miles away from a war zone, home soil is often far from safe.

READ FIRST 3 CHAPTERS FREE on Amazon. Available in paperback & for Kindle worldwide on Amazon sites.

â–º I couldn’t see beyond the lighted area of my confinement. Having no focus or sense of time, it could’ve been a few minutes or a few hours later when I heard the sound of heavy heels, thumping louder as they got closer. A door opened behind me then slammed shut, the sound echoing through the room and right through my aching head. The source of the footsteps walked around the edge of the darkness. I couldn't make out a face, just a deep male voice that growled, “You have a sweet, beautiful girlfriend. Don’t you think it would be a shame if something happened to her?â€Â

Also, Check Out Garrard Hayes Book Blog www.garrardhayes.com

You must log in to reply