This website uses cookies to monitor traffic and check for abuse. Learn more | Close
X
Get Daily Bargains in Your Inbox

Ways to Follow

Get daily bargain list

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon

Search Site

Keywords

Book or Name

Search Features

Recent Newsletters

24/06/2019
19/06/2019
18/06/2019

Archive

My Drabbles

on 21.01.2018 22:01

Please can someone help me, where have my drabbles gone and why cant I view them?

Rosen Trevithick on 22.01.2018 11:16
Rosen Trevithick

I can see one drabble on your page. How many were you expecting?

bookhippo.uk/profiles/a.d.simp...

Is it possible that you have more than one account?

on 22.01.2018 13:28

According to my page I have on which was posted a week ago and another which will be posted in a few days. But I wrote at least 4 others which have not been posted but aren't showing as being editable and I only have one account.

Rosen Trevithick on 30.01.2018 10:33
Rosen Trevithick

I spoke to some of the people who moderate drabbles and a small number weren't approved for publication. Those get removed. Perhaps some of those were the ones you submitted?

on 31.01.2018 16:01

Thank you for asking. But they could have informed me , so I know what is or isn't allowed. I have no idea why they removed and that doesn't help. Therefore I think I will leave it at the two I put on and leave the group.

Rosen Trevithick on 01.02.2018 15:49
Rosen Trevithick

Due to an enormous amount of unnecessary abuse when drabbles and books aren't selected for the newsletter, I've had to stop giving people individual feedback about decisions.

on 01.02.2018 21:15

I would t give abuse. I'm more annoyed ghat they were deleted without comment. That makes me putting entries on here and being deleted as a kick in the teeth.

I now wish I had not joined. I put it off for ages and then took the plunge to try after reading some very good Drabbles.

Guess it's a waste of time, but also an experience, which has taught me not to jump I to something at face value.

Again thanks but I thing the place is floundering.... and I came in too late to enjoy it

Rosen Trevithick on 02.02.2018 11:06
Rosen Trevithick

We don't seem to be able to win whatever we do, if we notify people that work has been deleted, we get essay-length emails informing as that we've made a terrible mistake and know nothing about literature. If we don't, we get criticism like yours.

I'll close your account. Thanks for letting us know how you feel.

Last edited: 02.02.2018 11:12

Rosen Trevithick on 03.02.2018 01:17
Rosen Trevithick

I've just had a thought: if what you want is an environment where you can get feedback on your work, you could try a forum like KUF. It's much more geared towards peer-to-peer support. The drabble slot in our newsletter is a publishing platform.

You must log in to reply